With the free transfer of Marouane Chamakh all but confirmed by Arsene Wenger, here are a few things you need to know about the french born Moroccan striker.
1. Born 10 January 1984 in Tonneins, France to Moroccan parents and has declared internationally for Morocco. Wears number 29 for his club Bordeaux and the number 17 for Morocco.
2. Has scored 10 league goals so far this season, compared to 13 in 2008/2009 and a measly 4 in 2007/2008
3. Has been with Bordeaux since 2002, joined the academy when he was 16 years old.
4. Has an impressive goal tally for Morocco scoring 27 times in 53 appearances
5. Adept with both feet, comfortable on the ball and equally good in the air.
6. Should have more chances to better his goal ratio with the service he is likely to receive at Arsenal. Currently averaging a goal every 4 games.
7. Has scored more league goals this season than Eduardo and Carlos Vela combined.
8. The Girondins website lists him at 70kg (154lbs) and at a height of 1.85m (6’1″)
9. Plays as a striker but can play on either wings, likes to cut inside and play one-twos.
10. Very durable but I am sure somehow that would change once the Arsenal medical team gets their hands on him 🙂